The Evergreen Park Chamber of Commerce is looking for members who are willing to serve a two-year term on the governing Board of Directors starting in 2019.
Is the time right for you to step up? Consider these benefits.
- Nothing promotes your business better than meeting people face to face. Serving on a chamber board gives you increased visibility and more opportunities to meet and network with people.
- Meeting people outside of your industry and your daily routines can help you improve your relationship building skills and can benefit you personally as well as professionally.
- The EPCC offers a number of free promotional opportunities to its members. As a Board member, you’ll be the first to hear about them and will be better positioned to boost the visibility of your business or organization.
- Serving on the Board allows you to be a voice for the local economy, advancing the chamber’s interests and concerns to government bodies and local officials.
- The Chamber provides a variety of educational presentations for member businesses throughout the year on topics ranging from financial literacy to marketing. As a board member, you’ll get a first-row seat in what are essentially continuing education courses in business management–just by attending chamber workshops.
- Your involvement on the Board means taking a part in planning and presenting Chamber programs and events. Consider it an opportunity to apply your skills in these areas, build your credibility, and give back to the community. Either way, your business will benefit from the time you give to the Chamber.
If you are interested in serving on the board, email email@example.com.
Also, please note that candidates must be available to attend a meeting the first Tuesday of every month.