Humana is seeking an experienced Health Educator that is bilingual in English and Spanish to join the Neighborhood Center Health Educator team in the Chicago market (specifically Evergreen Park and occasionally Peoria). As a Health Educator, our goal is to improve the well-being of our Humana members, our associates and local communities by facilitating events, hosting and/or moderating webinars and interacting with members one on one in their local markets.
Key Role Functions
- Facilitate health and wellness programs to members in the local market
- Demonstrate techniques and form, observe participants and provide feedback
- Virtually present and/or moderate live webinars, using accessible language to respect participants
This individual will be facilitating classes virtually and in person from our Neighborhood Centers in Evergreen, IL and will require overnight travel to the Peoria, IL center once a month for 2-3 days depending on business needs.
This is not a work-at-home role.
- Bachelor’s in health, Health Education, Nursing, Social Work, Education or related field
- 5+ years of experience in effective delivery of Healthcare Education and/or Wellness programs (preferably with seniors)
- Located in the Chicago market
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Must be able to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance (See Additional Information on testing)
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and presentations skills
- Previous experience in teaching, training, mentoring or facilitating
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow up skills
- Collaborate with various levels of the organization internally and community
- Strong technical knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- CHES certification, or the ability to obtain certification, based upon relevant education
Covid-19 Vaccine/Testing Requirement
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are a healthcare company committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
Provide proof of full vaccination OR
- Commit to weekly testing, following all CDC protocols, OR
- Provide documentation for a medical or religious exemption consideration.
This policy will not supersede state or local laws. Requests for these exemptions should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled first day of work.
Language Proficiency Testing
Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
Scheduled Weekly Hours 40
Additional questions please contact:
Stephanie Welch, Senior Guidance Center Professional