The Evergreen Park Chamber of Commerce has the perfect part-time job for an outgoing and organized person who loves to patronize local businesses. If you are a media-savvy professional interested in supporting our businesses, you could become our Member Services Coordinator.
Member Services Coordinator – Job Description
Independent contractor. Not a paid employee; the contractor waives rights to regular employee benefits such as vacation, sick time, profit sharing, health benefits or any other benefits. Responsible for own income and employment taxes. Contractor will generally work from home; he/she will be reimbursed for office supplies but must use own equipment to perform duties. Submits invoice for payment on a bi-monthly basis.
- Acts as the link between Evergreen Park Chamber of Commerce (EPCC) members and the Chamber’s Board of Directors.
- Works according to the policies, principles, procedures, and culture of the EPCC.
- Carries out duties established by the Board through an annual schedule of implementation.
- Presents a professional and positive image to members and the greater community through appropriate appearance, grooming, demeanor, and remarks.
- Provides administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the EPCC.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail. Communicates effectively and regularly in person, by phone, by email and other electronic communications with the Chamber’s Board of Directors, members, vendors, and the public.
- Maintain current list of Chamber membership.
- Send annual dues renewal invoices.
- Work with graphic design firm to publish annual directory and buyers’ guide.
- Work with content marketing firm to maintain an effective communications program responsive to the needs of the membership, through print, online, and social media outlets.
- Compile and assemble information for new member packets and send or delivers packets to prospective members.
- Facilitate new memberships by developing leads, making cold calls, and actively seeking new members. Follow up appropriately.
- Cultivate positive member relations and retention through personal contact.
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, marketing, promoting, and executing of special events and activities.
- Coordinate registration for events.
- Attend monthly Officers’ and Directors’ meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and in group presentations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Facebook, Gmail and Google Docs.
- Experience with the WordPress content management system for basic website updates (or the motivation to learn and follow through).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.