The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) will celebrate Women’s HERstory Month throughout March 2022. DCEO, through its Offices of Minority Economic Empowerment (OMEE) and Regional Economic Development (RED), will present virtual events featuring business resources and advice from women leaders, recognize women-owned businesses throughout the state, and showcase our commitment to investing in women. Please join us as we celebrate and elevate HER in Illinois!
Wednesday, Mar 23, 2022 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Michelle Lura White
Whether you’re already a woman business owner or aspiring to be one, please join us in a virtual panel event to learn about no-cost (free) resources to help promote your business, such as one-on-one business advising, business education programs, and online business directories. We’ll also share more about the advocacy and policy work being done behind the scenes to ensure women entrepreneurs have the support they need to be successful.
• Kala Lambert: Southeast Region Manager, DCEO-Office of Regional Economic Development (RED)
• Michelle Lura White: Women’s Business Development Manager, DCEO-Office of Minority Economic Empowerment (OMEE)
• Vanessa Uribe: Deputy Director, DCEO-Office of Minority Economic Empowerment (OMEE)
Valeri Werpetinski: Associate Director of Entrepreneurial Education, University of Illinois’ Gies College of Business’ Origin Ventures Academy for Entrepreneurial Leadership
• Darrah Perryman: Outreach and Marketing Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)-Illinois District Office
• Ericka White: Assistant State Director, Illinois Small Business Development Center (IL SBDC)
• Felicitas Cortez: Associate Director of the IL SBDC at the WBDC -South Suburbs, Women’s Business Development Center
• IB Majekodunmi: Founder, refinecltv
• Liem Le: Outreach Director, Goldman Sachs 10KSB
By registering and clicking submit, you agree to receive email updates from the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DECO)-Office of Minority Economic Empowerment (OMEE) and Office of Regional Economic Development (RED) on resources to help your business, events and news. You can change your mind at any time and unsubscribe from emails by sending us an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of every email if the link is available.