The Evergreen Park Chamber of Commerce (EPCC) is seeking an organized, outgoing, and media-savvy professional to serve as its Member Liaison. This new position will serve as the link between EPCC members and the Chamber’s Board of Directors. The EPCC Member Liaison will enhance the value of Chamber membership by focusing on opportunities for member relationships, education, and collaboration.
Specific duties include:
- Developing an effective program of membership development that retains current members and grows the membership base.
- Developing and maintaining an effective communications program responsive to the needs of the membership, through print, online, and social media outlets.
- Developing and conducting a variety of events, including the annual meeting holiday luncheon, to enhance relationship and business building opportunities for the membership.
- Developing and conducting education programs to advance the professional, technical, and managerial skills of the membership.
- Cultivating positive member relations with the EPCC through personal contact.
- Utilizing connections and partnerships within the community as appropriate to advance the goals of the Chamber
- Attending monthly Officers and Directors’ meetings, on the first and last Tuesdays of each month.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and make presentations to groups.
- Ability to use software functions such Microsoft Office, Facebook, gmail and Googledocs.
- Ability to update EPCC web site using WordPress content management system.
- Valid drivers’ license.
Flexible schedule, 12 hours/week.
The Member Liaison is an independent contractor, not a paid employee. The contractor waives rights to regular employee benefits and is responsible for own income and employment taxes. Contractor will generally work from home; he/she will be reimbursed for office supplies but must use own equipment to perform duties.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Evergreen Park Chamber of Commerce does not discriminate in its hiring practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, origin, age, disability, sex, or any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation.
Criminal Background Check
The contractor receiving a conditional offer of engagement will be required to undergo a criminal background check, and to provide the Evergreen Park Chamber of Commerce with the resulting report. The contractor may refuse to obtain a criminal background check or provide the report, in which event the conditional offer of engagement will be withdrawn.