The Evergreen Park Chamber of Commerce has the perfect part-time job for an outgoing and organized person who loves to patronize local businesses. If you are a media-savvy professional interested in supporting our businesses, you could become our Member Services Coordinator.
Member Services Coordinator – Job Description
The Member Liaison is an independent contractor, not a paid employee. The contractor waives rights to regular employee benefits and is responsible for own income and employment taxes. Contractor will generally work from home; he/she will be reimbursed for office supplies but must use own equipment to perform duties.
- Acts as the link between Evergreen Park Chamber of Commerce (EPCC) members and the Chamber’s Board of Directors.
- Works according to the policies, principles, procedures, and culture of the EPCC.
- Carries out duties established by the Board through an annual schedule of implementation.
- Presents a professional and positive image to members and the greater community through appropriate appearance, grooming, demeanor, and remarks.
- Provides administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the EPCC.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail. Communicates effectively and regularly in person, by phone, by email and other electronic communications with the Chamber’s Board of Directors, members, vendors, and the public.
- Maintain current list of Chamber membership.
- Send annual dues renewal invoices.
- Work with graphic design firm to publish annual directory and buyers’ guide.
- Work with content marketing firm to maintain an effective communications program responsive to the needs of the membership, through print, online, and social media outlets.
- Compile and assemble information for new member packets and send or delivers packets to prospective members.
- Facilitate new memberships by developing leads, making cold calls, and actively seeking new members. Follow up appropriately.
- Cultivate positive member relations and retention through personal contact.
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, marketing, promoting, and executing of special events and activities.
- Coordinate registration for events.
- Attend monthly Officers’ and Directors’ meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and in group presentations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Facebook, Gmail and Google Docs.
- Experience with the WordPress content management system for basic website updates (or the motivation to learn and follow through).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
How to Apply
Submit resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2023 at 5 pm.